Tonight's selection:
Gammon - £0
Warm chocolate fudge cake & ice cream - £0
Ok, so maybe this isn't going to be a fair fight!
Joel obtained a huge hunk of gammon, and offered to cook some for me, and in order to complement the dish I made a chocolate fudge cake.
The gammon started off at over an inch think, so things were looking up from the outset :) To complement the immense gammon, probably 3 eggs would have covered it nicely but I had to make do with two owing to restricted pan space and eggs between the three of us. As an aside to the meat a rather nice potato&onion rosti/hashbrown affair was provided, very tasty!
The chocolate fudge cake was quite dense, and very chocolatey, and after I made an epic amount of fudge icing - very gooey too! Together with two scoops of ice-cream, the cake went down very well.
(It later transpired that the cake was possibly still too warm when i put the icing on - and as a result the overall texture of the cake was much better the next day!)
Gammon 9.5/10
Fudge Cake 8/10
Will go again!
(Pictures to follow it I can work the upload thinger)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment