Tonight's selection:
Gammon - £7.25
The second weekly bike2pub from work saw us take an 8 mile jaunt through the Hampshire countryside to the Fishers Pond pub. The outside tables have a really nice view over the pond/lake, and if the weather was sunny it would be really nice to sit and watch what was going on. As it was, we were keeping an eye out for the downpour we were expecting to occur at some point, and there was a stiffening breeze.
For £7.25 I wasn't expecting much, but was pleasantly surprised; a generous portion of chips, about 9mm thick gammon, two eggs (although a little to firm for chip dunking) and a token piece of pineapple.
The girl behind the bar appeared to be one of the most dippy barstaff I've come across, with a queue at the rapidly forming as she bumbled about. (One bloke asked for a Cinzano and lemonade, but she didn't even know what it was - he remarked 'I thought everywhere had Cinzano', and I'd have to agree with him.)
Inside appeared a little dark, but outside it was nice, although on a sunnier day would probably have been more packed. As it was the fresh air was nice for four people who had just cycled a fair way.
Gammon 8/10
(The eggs let you down)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment